Today on Raising Adults, we discuss inviting feedback from our children. Join us as we talk about what this looks like in our homes and what it’s like for someone who may have a hard time hearing feedback. How does this approach work? Be sure to tune in!
“Feedback, when given well, should not alienate the receiver of the feedback, but should motivate them to perform better.” – M.O., Manager, Fortune 500 Company
“Don’t couch it in good and bad. We’re talking about what’s going well, and where are some areas I could grow? Or where are some areas that I could serve you better? The way that we frame this is really important.” – Kira Dorrian
Today’s highlights include:
- Kira’s why’s (6:25)
- Deana’s why (7:44)
- How Kira has handled this with her kids (9:30)
- How Deana does this in her family (11:55)
- Kira’s experience with seeing this up close and personal (17:07)
- What it has been like for Deana now that her kids are older (20:54)
- Kira drops some truth about the distinctions in the vocabulary we use (24:43)
- Today’s takeaways (27:06)
Be sure to listen to this episode to find out what Deana gave up for July and her thoughts so far.
Special thanks to our sponsors!
YoLabs – Making life easier for working moms!
Prisma – A totally new way to go to school!
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of Raising Adults! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes, give us 5 stars, and leave a review to help us reach even more Future Focused Parents. Don’t forget to check out our website, visit us on Facebook, or hang out with us on Instagram and Twitter to stay up-to-date on what’s in store for you.