In today’s episode of Raising Adults, we kick off a three-week series applying our framework of “I Do It, We Do It, You Do It” to your parenting journey. We will break down the different stages of parenting and talk about what it means to be a Future Focused Parent in each stage.
“If you’re fortunate enough to have small people, this is where you not only lay the foundation of how you’re parenting with empathy and emotional intelligence while still having boundaries, but you’re also laying the foundation for what you are like as a Future Focused Parent.” – Deana Thayer
Today’s discussion includes:
- Introduction to “I Do It” (4:24)
- What this looks like with infants (6:59)
- What if you get it wrong? (9:19)
- The toddler years (12:28)
- In this phase, you’re teaching your child what they can expect from you (14:20)
- The preschool years (19:44)
- Increasing responsibility and privileges (22:41)
- Redirection is not a distraction (23:58)
- Preview of “We Do It” (26:44)
We’d love to hear from you! How are you managing this “I Do It” stage with your 0-5 child(ren)? Join us on social media or send us an email to let us know!
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of Raising Adults! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes, give us 5 stars, and leave a review to help us reach even more Future Focused parents. Don’t forget to check out our website, visit us on Facebook, or hang out with us on Instagram, twitter, and Pinterest to stay up-to-date on what’s in store for you.