In today’s episode of Raising Adults, Deana and Kira wrap up their three-week series of “I Do It,” “We Do It,” “You Do It.” This final “You Do It” phase of ages 10 and up is where we truly begin handing off responsibility and shifting into more of a coaching role as parents.
Today’s discussion includes:
- Recap of “I Do It” and “We Do It” (2:23)
- Our Why (3:47)
- The three categories of “You Do It” (5:30)
- Your child as an individual in this phase (9:20)
- Your child and their tasks and responsibilities (11:34)
- Example of interacting with tasks (14:16)
- How to assess the situation when tasks are not completed (16:14)
- The importance of handing off in stages (20:04)
- Your child and how they interact with people and the world (21:23)
- The shift in parent and child relationship (24:31)
- Coaching awkward and challenging situations (25:58)
The “You Do It” phase is a beautiful time where you start to see your hard work pay off. Definitely, a phase to look forward to!
Don’t forget, for our show to keep going into 2022 we need our Future Focused Parents to become Future Focused Patrons. Join us so that we can keep this content coming your way: Patreon or Future Focused Parenting Website