In today’s episode of Raising Adults, the laundry room and coat closet experience a takeover by Kira and Deana’s kiddos: Cienna, Marc, Rhys, and Rhia! Together these future adults are sharing what’s really going on in kids’ minds and talking about what they want their parents to know.
Today’s discussion includes:
- Introductions (7:07)
- Today’s why (7:52)
- Rhia shares what she wants her mom to know about school (spoiler alert: school is hard!) (8:19)
- Cienna shares something she and her Deana do that strengthens their relationship (9:37)
- Marc unpacks the common phrase “I’m your parent, not your friend” (11:26)
- Rhys shares what Kira is doing well (12:27)
- Cienna talks about the importance of fostering and following your children’s interests (13:52)
- Rhys reminds parents that “It’s ok to take time for yourself” (14:57)
- Rhia and Cienna talk about the push-pull of wanting independence without making parents feel unloved (16:11)
- Marc reminds parents that “kids are smarter than you think, and their feelings are valid” (18:39)
- Cienna cautions parents to remember that kids are always listening and watching (19:10)
Wasn’t today’s episode adorable? We love the honesty and truth that they shared with us. We’d love to know if you had a favorite moment from today.
Don’t forget, for our show to keep going into 2022 we need our Future Focused Parents to become Future Focused Patrons. Join us so that we can keep this content coming your way: patreon.com/ffp or futurefocusedparenting.com/membership
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of Raising Adults! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes, give us 5 stars, and leave a review to help us reach even more Future Focused Parents. Don’t forget to check out our website, visit us on Facebook, or hang out with us on Instagram, to stay up-to-date on what’s in store for you.